[Catalyst] Test failures in Catalyst-Plugin-Authorization-Roles-0.04

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri Oct 13 15:15:01 CEST 2006

I'm posting this to the list because there was a vague recollection
on irc that this problem had been seen before and mentioned here (but
I couldn't find it on a quick trawl).

When building Catalyst::Plugin::Authorization::Roles on Mac OS X 10.4
(perl 5.8.6, using a fresh Cat and related modules install) I got a
whole batch of test failures:-

   t/basic............
   #   Failed test 'existing role is OK'
   #   in t/basic.t at line 29.
   # died: Undefined method debug at
Catalyst::Plugin::Authorization::Roles
     .../blib/lib/Catalyst/Plugin/Authorization/Roles.pm 54

All subsequent tests in that file, and the ones in hash_user.t fail
in the same way - bombing whenever $c->debug was used.

I couldn't work out *why* this was happening, and if I blocked that
error by adding
	$c->mock(debug => sub {});
after $c was defined, all the tests ran successfully.

So it looks like there is an issue with MockObject somewhere.

Cheers
	Nigel.