[Catalyst] acceptable solution for running Catalyst on Windows

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 19:26:00 CEST 2006

On 10/13/06, Cédric Bouvier <cbouvi at free.fr> wrote:
> Question: what would you recommend to deploy a Catalyst app on Windows,
> ideally without too much headaches, and knowing that it is not meant to
> handle much traffic? We have tried mod_perl2, but getting it to work
> seems quite cumbersome... :-(

Unfortunately, that's probably your best shot. The builtin server
can't handle IE properly without the -k option which makes work it
terribly slow (at least under Win32).

However there are pre-built apache + mod_perl2 packages around the net
(Apache2Triad comes to mind) which might make your job easier.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.