[Catalyst] acceptable solution for running Catalyst on Windows

Marcello Romani mromani at ottotecnica.com
Mon Oct 16 12:23:46 CEST 2006

Cédric Bouvier ha scritto:
> Hello all,
>
> I have developped a smallish Catalyst application, intended for the use
> of only a couple of people. I first thought that running it through the
> script/myapp_server.pl would be just fine. Unfortunately, I'm
> developping under GNU/Linux and the machine it is to be finally
> installed runs Windows® (and is quite older than mine, which does not
> help). But seemingly, even on recent hardware, myapp_server.pl is a good
> deal slower on win32 than on GNU/Linux.
>
> Question: what would you recommend to deploy a Catalyst app on Windows,
> ideally without too much headaches, and knowing that it is not meant to
> handle much traffic? We have tried mod_perl2, but getting it to work
> seems quite cumbersome... :-(

I have used catalyst under apache2 + mp2 on Windows XP and windows
server 2003, and it worked fine.

Installing apache2+mp2 is not all that trouble:
install apache2 via its windows installer.
Install ActivePerl.
Install mod_perl2 using ActvePerl.
Copy mod_perl.so into apache2 modules directory.
Be sure to put these lines in your httpd.conf:

LoadFile "C:/Path/to/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"

There are of course plenty of resources that will guide you better than
these 4 lines... HTH anyway.

--
Marcello Romani
Responsabile IT