[Catalyst] basic Authentication error

Will Smith willbelair at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 16:51:35 CEST 2006

Thanks for your response.
 Yes, I did. I do not get trouble with the sqlite db, but when doing it with mysql db, get troubles here and there. And stuck at this point.
 Any suggestion where I should fix?

 Thank you,

 Will

Daniel Westermann-Clark <dwc at pobox.com> wrote: On 2006-10-16 06:25:42 -0700, Will Smith wrote:
> I am applying a basic authentication, following exactly the
> tutorial, but keep getting this error after editing tha application
> .pm - adding these lines:
>  ..
>                  Authentication
>                  Authentication::Store::DBIC
>                  Authentication::Credential::Password
>
>                  Session
>                  Session::Store::FastMmap
>                  Session::State::Cookie
>  this is the error:
>  [info] cat powered by Catalyst 5.7003
>  You must provide a user_class at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Catalyst.pm line 862
>  Compilation failed in require at script/cat_server.pl line 53

Did you configure the authentication modules?

http://search.cpan.org/~mramberg/Catalyst-Runtime-5.7003/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial/Authentication.pod#Configure_Authentication

--
Daniel Westermann-Clark