[Catalyst] Reaction opened up for people to play with (patches welcome :)

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Oct 16 23:35:39 CEST 2006

SVN: http://code2.0beta.co.uk/reaction/svn
IRC: #reaction
Docs: not yet, really
Patches: welcome

This is *not* complete, it's *not* doc'ed, but it *is* getting production use
and it *does* work, at least for us.

It's got a component-driven UI model and first-class action classes ala Jifty
which I suspect will make stuff like page regions much easier to do than
vanilla Catalyst, and a reflection-based approach to generating stock CRUD
actions that allows something somewhat like scaffolding but in our experience
far more extensible.

It also uses TT only for rendering with a subclassable templating approach
that allows automatic rendering of basic widgets etc. but still provides 100%
flexibility to customise the HTML output for theming.

Anybody who's interested in what we've been doing, give it a prod. Be aware
that this is the result of a dozen thrown-away prototypes going back as far as
I've been playing with Catalyst, and even so the design is in no way set in
stone. I'd just rather have anybody who likes it working with it, rather than
re-inventing wheels we've spent a long time thinking about.