[Catalyst] Forwarding to public URLs vs. private paths

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Oct 17 08:31:06 CEST 2006

Bernhard Graf wrote:
> Matt S Trout wrote:
>
>> Public URLs are not private paths. This doesn't work, has never
>> worked, and will never work, by design.
>>
>> Trying to forward to a MyApp::Controller::Foo sub bar :Path('/spoon')
>> as /spoon won't work either, you'd need /foo/bar.
>>
>> This is consistent across all dispatch types and is neither anything
>> to do with Chained for a bug :)
>
> Ah, thank you for clearing this up.
> Maybe this should be noted in the docs also to avoid confusion.

forward docs say "Forwards processing to another action, by its private name."

But yeah, it probably needs to be spelt out in Big Letters somewhere since the
most common case (:Local actions) actually *does* work as expected, but really
only by accident.

/me sacrifices fountain pen, casts spell of "summon documentation patches"