[Catalyst] Singleton or Memcache

matthias at kl-mailer.de matthias at kl-mailer.de
Tue Oct 17 10:44:48 CEST 2006

Hi List,

in my current project i have to build a big tree-structure (every node
has a test-field, sum ~10MB) from a database.
The data doesn't change not very often, so i would like to preload it,
because building the tree is slow..

My qestion:
which way to "store" the tree? Should i build a "singleton"-class or
should i use memcached?
I allready use memcache in my app, so using it here again sounds good to
me. Will the massive objct-copying (on allmost every call!) be a
problem? (Again: ~25000 nodes with ~10MB data).
Maybe there is a complete different way i never thought about?

best regards a thanks for every hint :)
Matthias