[Catalyst] Catalyst Framework: Up and Running? (Book/Project/Something Idea)

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Tue Oct 17 15:33:19 CEST 2006

Hmmm...

It seems that I have some time on my hands given that I was recently
"retrenched" (1) from my previous work. This meant that instead of
drumming up extra business, I decided to go into my local Borders
Bookstore and stumbled across O'Reilly's "Ruby on Rails: Up and Running"
little book.

Having glanced quickly through it (well, read half of it in depth - I'm
a fast reader and it's a small book with lots of examples which I
skimmed over), it struck me that:

"If O'Reilly would publish such a book, they might publish such a book
about the Catalyst Framework..."

I am wondering if there'd be support for such a project, if:

  - the source to the book were to be released under an open source
    license (providing a publisher who could accept that could be found,
    and given that O'Reilly have one or two books in their stable that
    are they may be amenable to such an idea)

  - the Catalyst community - were I to, ummm, coordinate? its writing -
    could cope with my questions, do reviews of bits and pieces, make
    suggestions and generally vastly improve what I had written

 From what I can tell there isn't such a project already in existence,
at least not obviously from http://www.catalystframework.org/...

DSL