[Catalyst] Reaction opened up for people to play with (patcheswelcome :)

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Oct 17 16:14:47 CEST 2006

Fernan Aguero wrote:
> and I add the following (these were all missing/required
> when trying to start the builtin server):
>
> o Catalyst-Plugin-I18N
> o DateTime
> o aliased
> o Moose
>
> I'm sure missing others that were already present on my box.

All of which are marked in the Makefile.PL as dependencies.

> | Now to actually play with it...
> |
> +----]
>
> Is this supposed to be a web app code example that is not
> yet ready to run? Cause I get this when starting the
> builtin web server:
 >
> Base class package "Catalyst::Controller::BindLex" is empty.
>     (Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package first.)

cain$ grep BindLex Makefile.PL
requires 'Catalyst::Controller::BindLex' => 0;

Oh look, that one is too.

Look, this is fairly new, fairly experimental code. But it does work, I can
say this with a fair degree of certainty because we're using it in production.

It will *not* however work IF YOU DON'T INSTALL THE DEPENDENCIES. I suspect
you'll find this is true of most things ...