[Catalyst] Documentation bug in Catalyst::Request

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 14:30:49 CEST 2006

On 18/10/06, Toby Corkindale <tjc at wintrmute.net> wrote:

> Bug in Catalyst::Request.
> It says:
>   $req->action
>        Returns the requested action as a Catalyst::Action object.

That is what happens.  However it is stringifies to the path.

debugger output:

~/Desktop/dev/Catalyst/trunk/Catalyst-Helper-FastCGI/t/lib/FcgiTest$ perl -d
script/fcgitest_server.pl

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

main::(script/fcgitest_server.pl:15):
15:     my $debug               DB<1> c
You can connect to your server at http://zaphod.local:3000
FcgiTest::Controller::Root::local_action(/Users/kd/Desktop/dev/Catalyst/trunk/Catalyst-Helper-FastCGI/t/lib/FcgiTest/script/../lib/FcgiTest/Controller/Root.pm:22):
22:         $c->res->body('hit localaction');
  DB<1> x $c->action
0  Catalyst::Action=HASH(0x1c5b058)
   'attributes' => HASH(0x1c3b3c0)
      'Path' => ARRAY(0x1c587d4)
         0  '/local_action'
   'class' => 'FcgiTest::Controller::Root'
   'code' => CODE(0x1c32168)
      -> &FcgiTest::Controller::Root::local_action in
/Users/kd/Desktop/dev/Catalyst/trunk/Catalyst-Helper-FastCGI/t/lib/FcgiTest/script/../lib/FcgiTest/Controller/Root.pm:19-23
   'name' => 'local_action'
   'namespace' => ''
   'reverse' => 'local_action'
  DB<2> p $c->action
local_action
  DB<3> q

I'll amend the docs to note the stringification

However, it just returns the "action", (ie. foo/bar).