[Catalyst] URI's problems under lighttpd

Diego Kuperman diego at freekeylabs.com
Fri Oct 20 15:29:43 CEST 2006

Hi!

I was having problems running my cat-app under lighttpd as fcgi. The
main problem was that $c->req->base got wrong and that fucked up all
methods related to req->base, I had detected this when my links stop
working since uri_for() got broken...

Searching on the list archives I found[1] that someone else has this
kind of problems, not seems to be the same than mine but the solution
seems to be the same:

[1] http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/catalyst/2006-June/008361.html

So I wrote a plugin[2] as suggested. I don't know if is correct to
upload to CPAN or to try to fix this in some other place. Maybe on
Catalyst::Engine:FastCGI ?

[2] Attached on this email

Isn't other people having this kind of problems under lighttpd?. I had
tested on two different installations and the problem exists on both.

This is my lighttpd configuration:

$HTTP["host"] =~ "contactos.fcgi" {
     fastcgi.server = (
         "" => (