[Catalyst] Is Catalyst what I want?

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Fri Oct 27 16:56:00 BST 2006

> TT. Mostly beacuse I have access to catalyst context here. I've tried to
> use ClearSilver but it was too simple for me (almost every controller
> needed additional 10-20 lines of code).

Keep in mind that although ClearSilver isn't as syntactically
expressive, it is *much* faster.  There's a reason Google and Yahoo use
ClearSilver and not TT.

But, you don't need to add code to your controller to handle the
formatting -- that should be in the view.  This will give you more
flexibility in the end.  You can write maintainable, testable formatters
in Perl as your View and let ClearSilver handle the tough bit of
actually inserting strings into HTML.

I like the convenience of TT myself, but I think ClearSilver + perl
preprocessor is the Right Way To Do Things, if that matters :)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,