[Catalyst] Is Catalyst what I want?

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Fri Oct 27 17:57:37 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 11:41 -0500, Wade.Stuart at fallon.com wrote:
> I guess:  s/Google and Yahoo use ClearSilver and not TT./Google uses
> ClearSilver and Yahoo is no where near #1 in search (php)./

The only thing I see mention of Google using it for is "Google Groups",
their Usenet thing.  Yahoo gets massive amounts of traffic.  They get
orders of magnitude more hits than a typical popular website.

All I'm saying is that the speed of the current crop of templating tools
for Perl is unlikely to be the thing holding you back from building a
scalable site.  TT is plenty fast enough, if you don't try to wedge a
bunch of controller logic into it.  But if you prefer the syntax of
ClearSilver, then go ahead and use it.

- Perrin