[Catalyst] Problem and solution with Catalyst::Plugin::Authorization::Roles

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Sat Sep 2 10:31:16 CEST 2006

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 07:46:41 +1000, Jamie Honan wrote:

> The various Windows ppm versions of Set::Object were 1.14 or 1.08.
> Set::Object only supports a scalar in new from version 1.15 on.

According to the changelog, 1.09 should have that already.

> 1. For a single user role, the code in the version I had was returning
> a scalar, not an array.

I don't understand this... It's in list context-- how is it actually
different?

> 3. The eval in check_user_roles was masking the Set::Object exception.

I'll fix this by making it check that the error is correct and
rethrowing unrecognized errors.

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>
http://nothingmuch.woobling.org  0xEBD27418