[Catalyst] DBIx Class Transactions in catalyst

Charles cshtreck at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 4 02:58:10 CEST 2006

Thanks for the reply. I've actually had

'my $coderef = sub {'

in my code . My posted example was missing this piece.

In any event I get no 'BEGIN' , 'COMMIT'  or ROLLBACK
messages in my mysql.log file.

I think I just realized something though. For this
example I stripped away all non-pertinent columns
including the primary key col which is auto
incremented. I have always
been used to using autoincrement for my primary keys
as a habit. It never occured to me to use
autoincrement for other columns that needed to be ....
well, autoincremented. (sigh)  Thanks. This is what
happens when I spend too much time staring at my own
code.

It still would've been nice to get transactions
working a la txn_do. I'm sure that I'll need this
feature not too far down the road. I'll prob either
use the txn_begin,txn_commit, and txn_rollback
functions explicitly or just use raw sql. At least
these show up in the mysql query log and have been
thus far easier to debug/trace.

Thanks
C.