[Catalyst] Model API compliance

Rodney Broom rbroom+catalyst at rbroom.com
Mon Sep 4 19:52:57 CEST 2006

I'm looking for a doc on what exactly a new model API should implement to be compliant with Catalyst as we're considering rolling our own for performance and other features. Currently we can use CDBI and DBIx, but we wouldn't want to re-implement every aspect of these APIs in order to work under Catalyst.

My guess is that no such document yet exists, and that it would be a back-compat nightmare to state a limited set of what CDBI/DBIx features things like plugins are allowed to use.

---
Rodney Broom