[Catalyst] Quesion about Chaining usage

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 17:44:03 CEST 2006

I've already tried both /feedrolls and /feedrolls/
just to see.  I've also tried changing the action
names around just in case there was something in the
code that would confuse similarly named subs, but that
didn't do it.

I'm starting to get the feeling there is something
going on with PathPart being set to ''.  This code
works fine if I set the feedroll action to Args(1) and
then forward to feedroll_all like I used to do before
I had chaining.

Let me work up an example that is not dependent on my
data model, maybe someone can try running it on their
setup and see what happens.  I definitely would not
rule up something borked on my side, although I did
just run an updater for all my installed Catalyst
modules.

I also reran all the chaining tests I could find and
didn't get an error.

I find that if I alter line 115 of my code example to
have a pathpart (I remove the PathPart('') so it goes
to the default of using the action name) then I also
get it to work.  So there is something strange going
on when you set too many pathparts to '', which is
probably an abuse of the system on my part :)

--john