[Catalyst] Wrong content-length value (since 5.7001?)

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Sun Sep 10 23:20:50 CEST 2006

On 9/10/06, Adam Sjøgren <adsj at novozymes.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 16:39:51 +0100, Paul wrote:
>
> > I've started receiving this error when re-POSTing multipart/form-data,
> > in essence after an upload hitting 'reload' and confirm,
>
> > [error] Caught exception in engine "Wrong Content-Length value: 9013
> > at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/Catalyst.pm line 1565"
>
> > I *think* this has appeared between 5.7000 and 5.7001
>
> > Any ideas what this might be?
>
> A guess: Your browser does not re-send the files you have chosen in
> file-type INPUT-elements when you do a reload+confirm instead of
> back+submit?

Why would it not do that? I'm using Firefox 1.5.

I've been using this reload-to-resend-the-data technique for months,
and it's only just broken. There's been no changes to that bit of my
code and when I upgraded to 5.7001 I started seeing these errors. It's
possible there's some other issue but the timing is intriguing.