[Catalyst] Wrong content-length value (since 5.7001?)

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Mon Sep 11 14:38:08 CEST 2006

JT Justman wrote:
> Adam Sjøgren wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:20:50 +0100, Paul wrote:
>> As you can see, Firefox omits the contents of the file this time, and
>> Catalyst reports the problem:
>>
>>   [error] Caught exception in engine "Wrong Content-Length value: 230 at /usr/share/perl5/Catalyst.pm line 1565"
>>
>> If I click back and then submit the form again, the file's contents
>> are sent and there is no [error].
>>
>> I'm using Firefox 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.6-3 (Debian GNU/Linux unstable on
>> PPC).
>>

>> I may be way off, but that is what it looks like to me.
>>

> Well, here's my part. In Firefox 1.5.0.6 on WinXP, connecting to my
> Catalyst  5.7001 service running under the development server, I've been
> doing this a lot and it works just fine. I don't have Firefox on my
> Gentoo box, just Seamonkey 1.0.2, which also seems to be fine.
>
> HTH,
>
> JT

This is probably completely unrelated, but I'll mention it anyways.
As of Firefox 2.0B2, I can't upload to PAUSE any more.

It worked just fine last week w/ 2.0b1, but doesn't not that I've
upgraded. I noticed that one of the security issues/patches floating
around has something to do w/ uploading files in Firefox. I'n not sure
it is relevant, or even fixed in the lates engines floating around, but
something is definately going on.

-=Chris