[Catalyst] auth::DBIC & session problems

Ted Carnahan ted at tedcarnahan.com
Tue Sep 12 19:27:35 CEST 2006

We were encountering similar problems with a slightly different
configuration:

>>Win Srv 2003
>>Apache 2.0.58/modperl

Win XP Pro
Apache 2.0.55/modperl

>These are the guilty parties.
>
>Update Tie::RefHash... The core version isn't thread safe, which
>means reindexing of refhashes on changed refaddr on either faked
>fork on windows, or threaded MPMs with apache 2. This causes the
>auth store registry to become effectively corrupted, since the
>indexing is wrong, and thus the store is saved in the session
>(instead of the store name).

For us (running ActiveState Perl 5.8.8 Build 817) it required that
upgrade and one additional step.  We still had problems with threads in
Tie::RefHash until we upgraded to ActiveState Perl 5.8.8 Build 819.
This caused about 3 hours of frustration here - hopefully it will save
someone time in the future.

Regards,

Ted Carnahan