[Catalyst] Catalyst::View::TT - strange caching annoyance

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Wed Sep 13 18:53:41 CEST 2006

However, TT should update its cache automagically (keyed on mtime) --
even if you use the "full" compiled (to-disk) template cache.

Questions:

0. What version of TT, Catalyst, and C::V::TT are you using?
  (Find out with perl -MCatalyst -e 'print Catalyst->VERSION', etc.)

1. Can you provide us with a case where regular TT correctly refreshes
the template, but C::V::TT doesn't?

2. If not (i.e. regular TT breaks too), do mtimes work on your system?

My guess is that something is wrong with your system; outdated TT, buggy
filesystem, etc.  It's very possible that I'm completely wrong, but my
templates are fully cached (on disk) and do update properly.  I haven't
tried the code you sent because it's too complicated and is certainly
not the minimum required to reproduce the bug.  Does:

cat > root/test.tt2 << EOF
Hello, world?
EOF

change when you apply

- Hello, world?
+ Hello, world! This changed!

Something like that would be much simpler for me (and others) to test.
Thanks!

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway