[Catalyst] problem with FormBuilder + TT2

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 15:41:12 CEST 2006

-- Ash Berlin <ash at cpan.org> wrote:

> Moritz Sisenop wrote:
> > Hello!
> > I am using FormBuilder,
> CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File, and TT2.
> > I set the template in the source file:
> >
> > template:
> >     type: TT2
> >     template: customers/signup.tt2
> >
> > And get the following error:
> >
> > undef error - Fatal: file error -
> customers/signup.tt2: not found at
> >
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/CGI/FormBuilder/Util.pm
> line 149

CGI::FormBuilder::Util::puke('Template::Exception=ARRAY(0x94b5b90)')

> > called at

/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/CGI/FormBuilder/Template/TT2.pm

> > line 66
> >
> > Might it be that FormBuilder doesn't find the
> Catalyst template dir,
> > and if yes, how do I let FB know?
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Moritz

I had a similar trouble when I just started to use
formbuilder.  Here's what I did:

First, I put some global config stuff into my catalyst
myapp.yml file:

##
## Formbuilding options
##
form:
  method: post
  form_path: __path_to(root)__

the 'form_path' option I set so that by default my
*.fb files end up in the same location as my template
toolkit files.

Then I find that if I am using a reasonably standard
setup for TT my actions automatically find the *.fb
and *.tt files for me.

that '__path)to...__' biz is something that the
ConfigLoader plugin translates for you, I am doubtful
it will work in your standard *.fb file.

Hey, question for you; are you using Formbuilder with
a database?  If so what are you doing to manage
getting stuff between formbuild and your datbase of
choice?  I'm using DBIx and just doing braindead stuff
like writing a bunch of $c->form->field(name=>,
value=>) but I figure there's a better way.  I just
can't seem to get DBIx::Class::FormTools to do what I
think it can do for me.  Maybe I just need more work
on it.

--john