[Catalyst] Invoke *complete* subrequests in Catalyst?

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Tue Sep 19 21:39:04 CEST 2006

You might want to rethink using a plugin and instead just create a
custom controller that does what you want.  This has the advantage of
not employing any trickery, so it's easy to figure out what's going on.
   I prefer code that does what it says, rather than some magic that
gets mysteriously called during prepare()/finalize().  As mst indirectly
mentions, this can be prone to bugs, whereas your own controller (that
you can call from /begin or /auto and /end anyway) won't fall victim to
the unintended side effects here (i.e. calling prepare/finalize in other
plugins).

Your own controller is also easier to debug than the interaction between
a plugin, NEXT, and the Catalyst core :)

That said, how about the Larry Wall way:

my $me   my $page
Hopefully you're using myapp_server -f or the POE engine :/

:)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway