[Catalyst] Session cookie and permanent state

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Sat Sep 23 18:45:29 CEST 2006

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 04:15:48 +0000, fayland wrote:
> hey, we have one function in our login interface like "remember me?"
> guess it's very common.

You can use Catalyst::Plugin::Session::DynamicExpiry, it was written
exactly for this purpose.

$c->session_expire_key is definitely not enough, since that is only
to expire single keys before the whole session store.

OTOH, if you set dynamic expiry, which basically means that a
session can have an expiry time different than the default, set to
e.g. 5 years, that should be enough.

Also note that many browsers can't handle dates that bass the 32 bit
boundry (sometime in 2037), so don't overdo it with the expiry.

	5 * 365 * 24 * 60 * 60

Is plenty of time.

--
  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org>