[Catalyst] [Announce] Catalyst 5.7003 (oh, and 5.7002)

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 13:47:11 CEST 2006

On 9/24/06, Gavin Henry <ghenry at perl.me.uk> wrote:

> What's the trigger level of addition/fixes/docs needed to justify a new
> release by the way? Just interested.
>
> Gavin.

Hi Gavin,

I'm not sure on the official answer to what's required to trigger a
new release, but main issue here is that a section was added to the
tutorial in svn pre-5.7002 regarding the use of default template names
and TEMPLATE_EXTENSION.  Unfortunately, this is incompatible with the
$c->forward and $c->detach that were being shown in later sections...
so the idea was to get that fixed ASAP.   We almost had it all in
5.7002, but there was some minor miscommunication prior to the release
of 5.7002, so we had to do a new release.

Thanks,
Kennedy