[Catalyst] Can Catalyst-Plugin-AtomServer support nontext/xhtml content?

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 18:27:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm using the Catalyst-Plugin-AtomServer as a way to
expose some xml encoded data but having trouble
getting the plugin to accept a content type of 'xml'.
I can do:

use XML::Simple;
my $content = XML::Atom::Content;

$content->type('application/xml')
$content->body( XMLOut( [hash to xml encode] );

and then add the content object to the entry object
but I still get output that wraps the XML in an xhtml
div tag.  The content type attribute does get set
correctly though and I do get the xml content inside
the content tags, just it has the extra div tag which
messes up my clients on the other side.  I've tried
'application/xml', 'xml', 'text/xml', etc. but none of
these seem to work.

Has anyone gotten this to work with this plugin or
found a different way to accomplsih this task?  Advice
appreciated.

--john