[Catalyst] Recommendation For Logging To A File

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sun Sep 24 21:56:19 CEST 2006

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 02:32:52PM -0400, hkclark at gmail.com wrote:
> What is the "recommended best way" (or the 2-3 top contenders if there
> is no "one best way") to have a Catalyst app log in production to a
> file (at least I assume that's what most people want their production
> apps to do).  Is Catalyst::Log::Log4perl the way to go?

I just find that the normal error logs and grep or perl get me most
of what I need.

I have $c->info and $c->error and those are just wrappers for
$c->log->info and $c->log->error that tack on the IP, current user,
and a few other bits of common data I find useful when reading th
logs.  Those go to stderr and apache writes those to the error log
and is rotated with logrotate.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org