[Catalyst] Formbuilder Plugin: are the $c->form->fields from the config.fb or from the query params?

Nate Wiger nwiger at scea.com
Tue Sep 26 00:35:02 CEST 2006

John Napiorkowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> According to the documentation for Formbuilder, you
> can use $c->form->field to retrieve a listing of all
> the field names and values.  My question is this; is
> this hash filtered against your *.fb configuration
> file or will it be populated from anything that shows
> up in the query parameters?

Just like FB outside of Catalyst, only those fields that you explicitly
define in .fb show up in $c->form->field().

If you want other CGI params, you must use cgi_param() explicitly (see
also the "keepextras" setting).

It is safe to generate tables/etc from what you define in fields(); that
is the intent. You may want to check out formbuilder.org for some
examples (these are outside of Catalyst, but just translate $form to
$c->form and it's the same).

-Nate (FB author)