[Catalyst] Content-Length: 0 on POSTs

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Sep 30 00:03:49 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 05:53:35PM -0400, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> I've suffered through this as well. In my case, it was a shit version of
> CompuServe7 w/ a borked early version of Moz. In my case, this browser,
> and some others will post 0 bytes if you try and disable the submit
> button with javavscript (to prevent double clicks), then call
> form.submit(), and only under SSL. In our case, since it was specific to
> an old crappy version of COmpuserve, we simply told those people to
> upgraded their junk.
>
> It still happens to this about 3-5 times a week.
> Welcome to the internet. :-)

I've got email into the IT staff of both users, so hopefully I'll find
out if it really is just an old version of IE.  If they reply.

But, it's hard to imagine that there's not more to this.  It's hard
for me to believe that these users have never posted a form before in
SSL mode.  It's not like I'm doing anything that complex in these
forms.  Very odd.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org