[Catalyst] work with second database

Michael Higgins mhiggins at banfieldgroup.com
Wed Apr 11 19:57:52 GMT 2007

Hello, All --

As I'm still trying to get my head around the Catalyst way of doing things,
I'm hoping can someone give me a hint:

I have an application set up to report on a database. So far, so good.

Now, I've got another database I need to query. How do I best integrate
access to it into my existing application?

Sorry for the generality of the question, but I don't even know the
terminology yet. Is this, say, going to be a 'separate namespace' or
something?

Is there an example out there I could familiarize myself with, where a
Catalyst application uses two different databases?

I understand I can have as many models, views and controllers as I need. I
don't understand what I need to create in order to have another model
accessed from an existing controller, or how to define that model and get it
loaded.

Any leg up greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

--