[Catalyst] FYI on issue with Test::WWW::Mechanize and WWW::Mechanize

Nathaniel Nuss ogmoid at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 06:50:24 GMT 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 05:51:46PM -0400, hkclark at gmail.com wrote:
> In case other people run into this, 'make test' for
> Test::WWW::Mechanize fails on my boxes if I'm using v1.22 of
> WWW::Mechanize.  I get this error:
>
> 500 Can't connect to localhost:13432 (connect: Connection refused)

I got/get the same error recently. As part of my debugging I suspected the
test's server (HTTP::Server::Simple IIRC) and so massaged the tests to access
the test files from a different server (a working cat install actually). Doing
that allowed all the tests to pass. I decided to force it and all is well
afterward.

I was not able to exactly determine my cause of initial failure.

[ Environ was one of our linux vserver guests running fc5_64 ; perl 5.8.8 ]

--
Nate Nuss