[Catalyst] connection to DB

Will Smith willbelair at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 18:37:09 GMT 2007

hi,I
  I would like to ask for help on making a connection to a remote database. My app is working good with localhost, now I move it to another server and create a connection, I thought just change the config of the myApp.pm. But I could not make the connection.

  this is my connection to the local db:

  __PACKAGE__->config(
    schema_class => 'testDB',
    connect_info => [
        'dbi:mysql:myapp',
        'root',
        'test',
        { AutoCommit => 1 },

    ],
);

  ---------
  my new host name is: 192.168.2.115

  OR, how could I create a DB schema model which points to that remote server, where can I insert in the string:

model myappDB DBIC::Schema myappDB dbi:mysql:myapp  'root' 'test' '{ AutoCommit => 1 }'

  Thank you