[Catalyst] Catalyst videos from YAPC::Asia

Danny Warren danny at io.com
Thu Apr 26 03:34:41 GMT 2007

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I presented a Catalyst talk at YAPC::Asia a few weeks ago.  If you're familiar
> with the basics of Catalyst, it's probably too introductory, but if you're
> still trying to piece everything together you might find it enjoyable.  You
> can watch / download the video at Google Video:
>
>      http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5854960129518644625
> Regards,
> Jonathan Rockway

Thanks for posting this, have only watched the catalyst one so far.
Even though it just re-covered the basics, there were still enough
"connect the dots" sorta moments to make it a worthwhile refresher
course for those of us who already know catalyst pretty well.  I also
appreciate your focus on actually showing how to get work done with
catalyst instead of just the usual showy "make a blog in 0.23 seconds
with this framework!" sort of thing.

Quick question: at around 15 minutes in (while discussing TT) you
mentioned the ability to set html scrubbing at a global level, and that
there is something on CPAN to assist with this.  I poked around on the
mailing list, in CPAN and in the TT / Catalyst docs, and didn't find any
reference to something like this.

I am interested in seeing what you were talking about, as I am about to
go through and add '| html' to damn near every variable in my templates.
  Setting this behavior as default would be nice, since I *never* store
any html in my variables (and I assume, if I ever did, I could specify
where I *didn't* want to filter on a case by case).

Thanks!
Danny