[Catalyst] How to pass vars to modules

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Thu Apr 26 20:17:20 GMT 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, RA Jones wrote:

> So I'm declaring it in all my controllers that need to do sorts, which is
> repetitive and probably not the best way to do it. Is there a standard way of
> handling modules like this (Date::Calc is another)?

I'd say that declaring it where it is used _is_ the best way to do it.

It doesn't hurt to declare what prereqs a module has at the top of a
module, and it'll make it clearer what it's using. This is doubly true
when you're importing functions into a new namespace. It's really annoying
to see some random function used in a module and then try to figure out
where it might've come from.

-dave