[Catalyst] Ajax

Jonathan T. Rockway jon at jrock.us
Mon Aug 6 04:27:57 GMT 2007

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 11:26:10AM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> Always, -always- use View::JSON rather than doing the serialisation direct.

I tend to use Catalyst::Controller::REST and let it handle
serialization / deserialization for me.  Technically not MVC, but
since it's not code I have to look at, I don't care.  It's a bit
smarter than View::JSON in that it will return XML (etc.)
automagically if the client requests it.  Convenient.

It also provides un-Viewing (deserialization of the request body),
which doesn't fit nicely into the MVC pattern.  At least not in a way
I can see in my current caffeine-deprived state.

YMMV.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway