[Catalyst] mod_proxy and https

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Mon Aug 6 18:23:43 GMT 2007

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Duncan Ferguson wrote:

> Is this still the case?  Will the next version of Catalyst::Runtime help with
> only having one backend instance (I can see having 2 backend instances may be
> harder to manage, esp. when sharing session data between them - more hoops to
> jump through).

I have a patch in a Catalyst branch that allows you to specify various
frontend information via headers sent to the backend -
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/Catalyst/branches/Catalyst-Runtime-proxystuff/

For SSL you'd send "X-Forwarded-Is-SSL" with some true value.

Hopefully this will be merged into the Catalyst trunk sometime soonish.

-dave