[Catalyst] Broken plugins

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Aug 9 20:35:54 GMT 2007

Two plugins I just installed are "busted" on CPAN, it seems after they
were updated to use Module::Install.

"sudo cpan Catalyst-Plugin-Cache-Memcached-0.7" installed 0.6.

"sudo cpan Catalyst::Plugin::Cache::FastMmap" same thing.  (I had 0.6
and cpan claims that's up to date.  The META.yml file claim it's
version 0.6 not 0.7.

Looks like a bunch of dot files ended up in the distributions, too.

I didn't poke around much but looks like Marcus released a bunch of
modules on May 1st that have the same problems.

Not a huge deal since they look like upgrades to Module::Install only,
but I had a Makefile.PL that referenced the current versions on CPAN.
But might be less confusing to people if they installed.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org