[BULK] - Re: [Catalyst] Catalyst Hosting

Andrew Rodland arodland at comcast.net
Sat Aug 11 00:06:22 GMT 2007

On Friday 10 August 2007 12:43:31 pm Mesdaq, Ali wrote:
> Now this looks very cool. But they don't mention what pipe you have to
> the internet. How is the performance?

The pipe is good. Bandwidth available is something over 10mbit, reliably (I
haven't done extensive tests to say exactly how far it goes, but a download
from my slice pegs my home cablemodem at 12mbit). Latency is also good;
they're in St. Louis, just a couple hops from Chicago, and Chicago is just a
couple hops from most other places. :)

The storage is RAID1; you have three slots available for backups (snapshots);
one made nightly, one nightly kept as a weekly (you pick the day of week),
and one you can make on demand. Last time I checked they don't make it clear
whether or not they actually send those offsite or what.

Anything else you're wondering about?

Andrew