[Catalyst] reset session timeout

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Aug 11 21:58:39 GMT 2007

On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 07:36:56PM +0200, Moritz Onken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if it's a feature or a bug:
>
> Is use session state cookie. After I login the time when the cookie will
> expire is set to time_now + 2 hours. That's fine. But this point in time
> will never be updated whether I browse the page or not.
> The point is I'll get logged out 2 hours after my login, even if do
> every 5 minutes a reload of that page.
> Did I miss something or should it work like this?

I haven't been able to set enough time to look at this yet, but at
this point I think it's a bug.

I say that because the cookie is only returned to the client if a
cookie is not provided by the client in the request.  I'm not sure if
that's by design or not.  I think not because the State::Cookie code
is still getting called, just *after* the headers have already been
sent.

I sent a failing test case to nothingmuch a few days ago just in case
it might be an obvious fix for someone familiar with the code -- but
that's about as far as I could get with the time I had.  I'll attach
that test case.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org