[Catalyst] Should CATALYST_DEBUG suppress manual calls to $c->log->debug()?

Will Hawes wdhawes at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 22:15:37 GMT 2007

I've been trying unsuccessfully to disable all debug messages while running
tests on my app with prove. Setting CATALYST_DEBUG=3D0 eliminates all the t=
est
server debug output such as the list of loaded actions, but i am still
seeing the output of every call made to $c->log->debug by my controller
code.

As far as I can see the docs regarding CATALYST_DEBUG=3D0 don't make any
distinction about where debug messages originate, only that they are
suppressed, which presumably means I shouldn't be seeing any debug output at
all.

Is my mistake in misunderstanding how $c->log->debug() is supposed to work?
Or is it likely that I've somehow overridden CATALYST_DEBUG elsewhere?