[Catalyst] Re: A Perl Message Queue?

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 01:37:24 GMT 2007

On 8/26/07, A. Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> wrote:

> * Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> [2007-08-25 05:15]:
> > When you write your own message queue that actually works
> > correctly, is supported and documented, and is available freely
> > on the CPAN, you can pick the name. In the mean time, STFU.
>
> If I told a client that I intend to use "TheSchwartz", they'd
> look at me like I'd grown a third head. I understand and even
> appreciate the joke, but since I like to write numbers on
> invoices I prefer my puns more palatable to stodgy business
> people with no sense of humour (or ideally out of their sight
> so there is no need to dilute the joke for their benefit).
>
> Regards,
> --
> Aristotle Pagaltzis // <http://plasmasturm.org/>

It's all semantics.

"The job queue system is in place at LiveJournal, Vox and other Six Apart
services.  It's fully open source, written in Perl, and can use our existing
database infrastructure."

Invoice: Reliable Job Queue System

Good enough for me.

And then the geeks can appreciate it being called TheSchwartz and the
business folks can talk about their robust, cost effective reliable
distributed message queue.

-Jay

-- =

J. Shirley :: jshirley at gmail.com :: Killing two stones with one bird...