[Catalyst] Mmap of shared file Operation not permitted

Yousef Alhashemi yousef.alhashemi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 02:37:56 GMT 2007

On 8/26/07, Dennis Daupert <ddaupert at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Does anyone recognize this error, and know how I can resolve it?
>
> Mmap of shared file /tmp/catapult/session_data failed: Operation not
> permitted at /usr/lib/perl5/Cache/FastMmap.pm line 496.

Did you switch between the development server and some other server, like
apache/fastcgi? If so, you can either chown /tmp/catapult (and all of its
contents) to the appropriate user (e.g. apache or your username), or delete
/tmp/catapult and the server you're currently using will just (re)create it
and be able to read/write to it (but you'll lose your session data).

Thanks,
Yousef