[Catalyst] XML RPC : Authentication and Session

Nicolas Raspail nicolas.raspail at whisperingvault.net
Tue Aug 28 13:33:14 GMT 2007

Quoting "J. Shirley" <jshirley at gmail.com>:

> On 8/27/07, Nicolas Raspail <nicolas.raspail at whisperingvault.net> wrote:
>>
>> Nicolas Raspail a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm struggling with Session URI and XML RPC with no sucess. I can't
>> figure out how this works. I'm using Data::Dumper to dump the value of
>> some catalyst and it seems that the session is not valid anymore in the
>> second RPC call.
>>
>> Can anyone that is using XML RPC and session can explain me how to do
>> that please ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Nicolas
>>
>> PS: I have made a mistake and send this email only to J. Shirley two
>> time... Sorry
>

> Have you made sure to load a session store?  If you capture the session with
> the client and send it out, and then call again with the session ID still in
> the URL it should be working.
>
> Can you paste in your plugin loading and other session config?
>
> -J
>
> (PS., no prob on the private dupes :))

Hi,

After a lot of struggling and reading, I have successfully used the
URI State plugin and I can use a previous session in my RPC call.

The first RPC call is made agains the standard RPC url
(http://server/rpc) and return the session id. The next RPC calls are
made againt the following url http://server/rpc/?sessionid=$sessionid
and that works.

In my yml file, i have put these lines :
ession:
   expires:  '60'
   storage:  '/tmp/session'
   rewrite:  '0'
   param:    'sessionid'

Thanks again for showing me this pluging and force me to use my mind :)

Regards

Nicolas