[Catalyst] About output in a browser

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Wed Aug 29 15:20:00 GMT 2007

> prints neatly, every line of the directory listing on a separate line
> in the browser:
>
> sub getFiles()
> {
>   my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
>   print "getFiles() !";
>   @{$c->stash->{files}} = `ls -l /home/frodo/`;
> }

It looks like adding a print statement will throw the output into
literal mode of some sort.  Anyhow, that's not how the output should be
made, since a view should be used and at least a minimal tt file.  When
I chomp the directory lines otained with 'ls -l' and use a simple tt
file using <pre> and a view, everything is fine.  But if I add a print
statement in the model's method, then even the <pre> tags are shown in
the browser.

So since I learn Catalyst and I should be using views, then this
behaviour of a print statement is not very important.

Cheers,
Al