[Catalyst] Re: trouble with model->dbic resultset

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Thu Dec 6 12:43:32 GMT 2007

* Michael Higgins <linux at evolone.org> [2007-12-05 22:40]:
> Isn't that some general principle, you find the error just
> after emailing a whole bunch of people?

    Another effective [debugging] technique is to explain your
    code to someone else. This will often cause you to explain
    the bug to yourself. Sometimes it takes no more than a few
    sentences, followed by an embarrassed “Never mind. I see
    what’s wrong. Sorry to bother you.” This works remarkbly
    well; you can even use non-programmers as listeners. One
    university computer center kept a teddy bear near the help
    desk. Students with mysterious bugs were required to explain
    them to the bear before they could speak to a human
    counselor.

    —Brian W Kernighan, Rob Pike, “The Practice of Programming”

Reportedly, this noticably reduced the load on the understaffed
centre.

Regards,