[Catalyst] help with Catalyst::Plugin::Form::Processor

Michael Higgins linux at evolone.org
Thu Dec 6 18:22:09 GMT 2007

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 10:16:05 -0800
Michael Higgins <linux at evolone.org> wrote:

[8<]

> Thanks a lot for your replies. Yes I did set up and use the example
> application. The problem is, I can't make any sense out of the
> templates, which seem to do all the work. :(
>
> I can make simple templates, no process, block or wrapper. So, I'm
> trying to iterate, somehow, in some rational order, even sorted would
> be fine, to expose all the fields in my form.
>
> No wrapper, no Template magic, just the fields I've set up in the same
> order each time. With labels, or any other key information, would be
> nice...
>
> So, what is the simplest example of returning the form object fields
> in a form in TT?
>
> Right now, I'm doing this:

[Hitting some key combo that sends an email before I'm done writing... ]

Manually set up the form:

<form name="boldata" action="[% Catalyst.uri_for('/banpdfs/Create_bol')
%]" method="post"> <fieldset>
        <legend>Data</legend>

Manually set up the order of fields:

[% SET fieldlist = ['sh_name','cn_name'] %]

That reference my labels:

[% FOREACH labk IN fieldlist %]

I can expose the form field, finally:

[% SET f = form.field(labk) %]

f.type %]" name="[% f.name %]" id="[% f.name %]" value="[% f.value %]">

[% END  %]

    </fieldset>
<fieldset>

</fieldset>

   <INPUT type="submit" value="get_bol"><INPUT type="reset"
value="reset form"> </form>

. . .

What can I do with C::P::Form::Processor (aside from trying to hook
this to my DBIC classes) to make this more... 'elegant'? ;-)

Thanks again.

Cheers,

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /