[Catalyst] using Catalyst with legacy cgi scripts

Gerda Shank gs364 at cornell.edu
Fri Dec 7 16:27:46 GMT 2007

I'm developing some new parts of our web application in Catalyst, but
when it comes time to deploy it will have to coexist with a bunch of
legacy Perl cgi scripts. Eventually I'd like to replace them all, but it
will have to be done piece by piece.

The current system runs on Apache, with just CGI, and we will be
switching to FastCGI (probably). Some parts of it (the help system) are
purely static, but most of it is dynamically constructed (lists of
today's papers, etc.)

What would be "best practice" for deploying this mess together? It seems
like I would have to skip the Catalyst routing altogether for the cgi
scripts, right?

Thanks,
Gerda Shank