[Catalyst] C::P::Authentication - user not found debug info

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Tue Dec 11 13:39:14 GMT 2007

Matt Lawrence wrote:
> Tobias Kremer wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> my log files are filling up with the following warning
>>
>> "[debug] Unable to locate user matching user info provided"
>>
>> This info is both annoying and not really helpful IMHO.
>>
>> I found out that it's issued via $c->log->debug() and immediately wonder=
ed
>> why this produces output even when using catalyst in non-debug mode?
>>   =

> Debugging in the logger is orthogonal to debugging in the application,
> AFAIK.
> =

> $c->log->disable('debug', 'info');
> =

> or
> =

> $c->log->levels(qw( warn error fatal ));
> =

> Assuming you're using the default Catalyst::Log logger.
> =

> Matt

Of course, on top of that answer, there's this answer:

It seems the 'preferred' way to debug output is:

    $c->log->debug('boo') if $c->debug;

There's still a lot of code out there that doesn't do that. It's esp.
noticeable when you're running a test suite with CATALYST_DEBUG=3D0 and
you still get various straggler output. Patches welcome. :-)

I've seen this issue in Auth, as well as the REST modules. Just haven't
sent patches yet.

-=3DChris