[Catalyst] backward compatibility problem with new C::P::Authentication (for info only)

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 21:53:17 GMT 2007

everything seems to be running fine now after a few code updates. I
came across one oddity though that might be of interest.

In my old code, I had this construct in a few places, to get the user
object from the database:

my $user = $c->get_user( $username );

It seems that the get_user method was working, but somehow returning
entirely the wrong user object from the database. This was probably a
really crappy way of doing things, and using

$c->user

instead fixes everything. Even so, it looks like buggy behaviour -
maybe get_user needs to be removed or be fixed or something (I
couldn't even find docs for it in new code, so I am not sure which
module is actually implementing it now).