[Catalyst] "no role configuration found" -- authorization: dbic and DBI::Schema::Loader

Mark Blythe list at markblythe.com
Sun Dec 16 01:18:12 GMT 2007

While I don't use the DBIx::Class::Loader, I did notice that since the
Catalyst::Plugin::Auth refactor, that set of modules doesn't like dealing
with role_id's any longer.  I ended up creating a database view (and
corresponding DBIC class) that spits out role names rather than role IDs,
and Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class liked that much
better.

This may not be the only way to solve it, but it worked for me.